Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Good Bye dear Garmin Forerunner 301 :(


In April 2005, I bought the state-of-the-art running GPS at that time - the Garmin Forerunner 301. Today, finally after almost 10.5 years I've gotten it's replacement - the Garmin Forerunner 225 (the current state-of-the-art running GPS).

When I got the 301 folks used to ask me that the device was out of amazement - they had not seen such a sophisticated device. Now folks ask me the same question out of bewilderment - they have not seen anyone wearing something so old.

It feels like I'm bidding farewell to a dear friend. A friend who has been with me for 32 marathons and over 15,000 miles. It's been amazingly durable. In fact it's still functional and in some ways superior to current devices!!

The reason I've had to replace this watch is that it was getting increasingly more difficult and unreliable to charge the watch. I already had an incident for RNR Seattle 2015 where I woke up the morning of the race to find the watch uncharged. I could not have a repeat for Chicago!

So goodbye my dear friend - the Garmin Forerunner 301. You have served me well! Here's a toast to my new friend - the Garmin Forerunner 225!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics