Friday, May 23, 2014

Thousandth mile and motivation

With this morning's run I covered my thousandth mile of the year. I am certainly doing better than my car who's covered just a tenth of that this year. Even that was because he needed to pass a pollution test!

After the Paris marathon, I took some time off running. It made sense not to run in Turkey, and then it just made sense to recover mentally and physically. After all I did train pretty hard and a reset was necessary. When you've gotten off your routine, it can kind of tough to get back without motivation. Motivation did come...

First, I committed to being the 1:45 half marathon pacer for the North Olympic Discovery marathon. I needed to be in a minimal level of fitness.

If that was not motivation enough, I got a shoe to test from Nike. I had committed to putting at least 35-40 miles per week on the shoe, for the 8 week duration of the test. So no slacking allowed!! It was a pleasant change - usually I run in shoes a model or two old. Now I was running in something that was yet to hit the market! It was like getting to use an iPhone 6 instead of an iPhone 4!

2 Comments:

Blogger PuddleThumper said...

hey, i'll look for ya! 1:45 was previously my goal but there were issues this winter.

5/25/2014 8:38 PM  
Blogger Sub said...

Hey! Maybe you'll surprise yourself and meet or beat 1:45. Hope to run into you next week!

5/25/2014 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics