Tuesday, December 03, 2013

A glorious morning & an ending!

I've been meaning to get up early in the morning and get in my run for weeks now. I've been routinely turning off my alarm at 5:30am and going back to sleep. It's not easy to wake up in the dark and relatively cold weather.

I finally managed to wake up early. Possibly because I had to! I was dreading going out into a wind chill of 28F. As usual, once I began running it felt great. I returned to the backdrop of Mt. Rainier, the Seattle skyline and the colors of dawn. I felt thankful to live where I do.

Tomorrow will be more challenging. I have to convince myself to wake up early again and this time run 16 miles. It will be colder. It will still be dark. I can rationalize this in two ways 1) It will be the last long run before I head to South America 2) I really need this run to be in shape to complete all the hikes I have planned over the next month. I need to visualize the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu - summiting at the break of dawn :)

Today is also my last MBA class, bringing to an end a 3+year journey. It might well be the last class I ever take in a degree program. The quest of knowledge is endless so I am sure I will end up in other classes :)

December 3, 2013

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics