Saturday, June 23, 2012

A solitary run in Berlin!

I just got in one run this week, a solitary 7.5 mile run. However, that was a run to remember. It was in Berlin at dawn … 5am. It was quite surreal. The city was pretty deserted, as the sun rose. All the touristy sites like the Brandenburg Gate etc. were empty for my private viewing. The reflection of buildings illuminated by the golden light on the Spree river. The sound of my footsteps as I ran by streets... It was so peaceful. I had my camera with me but that wouldn't have been able to capture how spiritual it felt. I missed out on running through the Brandenburg Gate at the marathon last year. Did so today. I will be back - Berlin marathon 2013 - fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics