Friday, February 03, 2012

Chicago and running goals!

I signed up for the Chicago marathon! After seeing the notification that 30,000/45,000 slots were filled up in the first 36 hours I had to pull the trigger!

I don't know if I will end up being able to run it.

That got me to wonder what running goals I have left to accomplish in this life. The list I came up with:
  1. Run 3 more marathons and get to marathon #25
  2. Run all the marathon majors - so I have to run Chicago, London and Berlin
  3. Run the Comrades Ultra-marathon in South Africa
  4. Run the Pike's Peak marathon!
  5. Pseudo-goal: Run a sub-3 marathon. I probably won't count this as a goal. I am capable of running a sub-3 marathon but I don't think the stars will align and I'll put in the work for it. 3:09 is a pretty respectable time. Most of humanity won't ever run a marathon that fast so it's good enough.
So I am almost "done" :)

I went ahead and ordered my race video and pics from the Paris Marathon just now. The realization set in that I might never run another race like that. Got to capture the "moment"! I also pinned a print out of my race certificate in my office - motivation? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics