Sunday, September 11, 2011

Forty

Tue - 6
Splits - 7:12, 6:52, 6:54, 6:50, 6:45, 6:50

Sight of the day: Another beautiful Seattle sunset. Pinkish sky and the Cascades.

Wed - 6
Splits - 8:02, 7:31, 7:25, 7:11, 7:00, 6:45

Morning run in the cool air.

There is a scrawny old lady I often see running along the waterfront. Got to admire her dedication...

I saw a guy running with his dog's poop in a bag. If aliens would have mistaken dogs to be the supreme creatures in this planet if they saw humans picking up after their pets :p

Thur - 8 w/12*400m
For the first time since the car hit I felt able to run the longer route around Green Lake after track.

Fri - 6
Easy effort run. After Indian food for lunch (free is good right?) and oven baked pizza for a morale event (free again), my stomach might have burst if I tried to push the pace :p

Moment of the day: A posse of a bachelorette party passed me as I was heading out for a run. The bride all dressed up (me in my running shorts) goes to me - "High five, I'm getting married!" I was lost in my own thoughts and almost ignored her. She goes "No?". I turn back and high five her. Her posse cheers :)

Scare of the night: I am running in the dark and an owl tried to attack me. It scares the daylight out of me! Then when I am returning it comes from the back and pecks my head. This time since I did not see it I was more shocked then scared. I think it was nesting it's young and considered me a threat... I've heard of this happening to runners before :)

Sat - 13.5 w/9 @ pace
pace splits: 7:07, 7:04, 7:11, 7:06, 7:08, 7:09, 7:10, 7:07, 7:03
I had intended to run 17 but when I was running the 10th pace mile I felt intense pain in my ankle/skin. I decided it was time to call it a day...

The inner loop along Green Lake has a very interesting dynamic. There are folks running sub-6 min miles, folks with oxygen tubes, folks who are totally out of shape, hot females,... All co-existing and enjoying the beautiful trail along the Lake :)

Sun - REST
Ankle isn't up for a run yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics