Sunday, August 07, 2011

Cutback

This ended up being a cutback week. I was so disappointed with Tuesday's run that I didn't run for three days after. My rationale was that I was allowing my knee to get back to 100% but really I think shorter runs would have helped more than not running at all. Oh well :( 23 miles  for the week...

Mon - 10
A dark moonless night.
Twice today I waited at the cross-walk until the driver of the car waved at me to cross. I've also become very careful while driving. Maybe I'm developing a phobia of crosswalks.

Joke:
Q. What is a phobia of crosswalks called?
A. Cross-to-phobia :p :p
I guess last week was a really close call. I could have ended up never being able to run again. My uncle has issues with his knee even 40 years after his rickshaw was hit by a car.
I saw a lady taking her cat for a walk at 11pm :-| It was the most obedient cat I've seen in my life :p

My PT told me today that he had never seen a recovery like this and his only explanation was the stimulation caused by the "abnormal" level of activity :p lol.

The grey T
Today I wore a gray T I wore almost a year to the day. It's a tight fitting T so last year I had a pic with flabs showing. No flabs today - felt good :)

Ben and Jerry's
So I had a tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream on both Saturday and Sunday. I seem to have lost a couple of pounds since I last checked my weight. Can I become a spokesman for weight-loss using the Ben and Jerry's diet? Kind of like Jarad and Subway??? :p

Thought of the day:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Tue - 3
Kind of disappointing run... We had the 2 mile time trial today... Compared to last Tuesday I hardly had any speed... My knee still does not have the power for a speed workout :( I just did not feel like running after that so I stopped. Maybe I need to give it some rest to get it to 100%?
Sad news: The bald eagle I'd seen multiple times on the 520 bridge was struck and killed today by a bus :(( I just saw him on Sunday. So regal :( His nickname apparently was Eddie...

Wed, Thur, Fri - REST
Moments -
My PT killing me on Thursday (jumps, swats, skipps, runs, and everything). He made sure I never wanted to get back. My butt muscles was sore for days after :p
Blue angels cruise - morale event from work.
The Mural amphitheatre outdoor concert on Fri :)

Sat - 10
Finally running again. Saw Prasanna at the waterfront towards the end of my run...

Sight of the day: Hula dancers at the wedding reception at the Eliott marina :)

Sun - REST
Didn't run since I didn't have time :( When you start missing running days such things happen :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics