Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wielding the sledge hammer...

I've maintained my goal weight for a few months now so I decided it was time... I've cleansed my wardrobe of/donated all my old, ill-fitting, ugly clothes... If they don't look good hanging they won't look good when worn. If they aren't there they can't be worn :p Now I better not get out of shape else I will have nothing to wear :p

Almost a perfect running week. If I had just managed to get in my run on Sunday. 60 miles for the week.

Mon - 6
Nice feel good run.

Tue - 10 w/8*800
This was my first track workout in a while. It was very encouraging... As Kassy put it - "Just think about what your times were when you started training with us last winter and what they are today" :)
Splits: 2:58, 2:58, 2:58, 2:59, 2:59, 3:00, 2:59, 3:03

Wed - 10
I hardly got any sleep last night but once I started running it was all good :) It was a sunny evening when I started... Suddenly out of nowhere it started pouring. A couple of biker passing summed it up best - "Welcome back to Seattle!". It was nice and warm rain so felt nice!

Thu - 6
I was scheduled to do hill repeats but I figured I'd rather do them in light and I was still kind of sore from Tuesday's track workout...

Sight of the day: An amazing sky at 9:30pm...

Fri - 8
I had stuff to do in the evening to it gave me extra motivation to get in my workout in the morning. I got up at 5:30am and headed to work. I got in my hill repeats on a hill I used to run on 2-3 years back. I could sweat that hill seems to have grown since I last ran on it :p However as the old saying goes - "All is fair in love and hill repeats" :)

The building 34 receptionist's reaction when she saw my running T - "Holy batman that is bright". My response - "I just want to make sure I don't get hit by anything :p"

Got to use our dear building 34 locker room and towel service. That towel service that everyone fought to get reinstated :)

Sight of the day: As I ran down from the crest of the hill, I could see the Cascades peaking amidst the evergreen trees. I wish I could take a pic. No camera so mental snap :)

Event of the day: Owl City. Something about this band that makes me feel nostalgic. I wonder if years down the road this concert will stand out in a memory of firsts. Time will tell...

Sat - 20
In the rain. Wet, muddy and a mess at the end but with a 20 miler in the books.

Dan came in for a run after a long time so got to catchup on his adventures. We had a nice running group going.

Moment of the day: Getting to have lychees after the long run. Thanks to the giver of the lychees :)

Sun - REST
I am in Vancouver to meet up with my sis and fam. Of course I had intended to run but left my running clothes at home :((( I guess it might be a blessing in disguise. Maybe I could have done with a rest day this week and now I'll get to buy some new running clothes tomorrow from Niketown :)

Moment of the day: Green green evergreens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics