Sunday, May 08, 2011

A new start

Friday was my last day on my current team. A team I had worked in for 3 years. I am excited to begin a new role on Monday but it is also intimidating to be out of my comfort zone. I'm going to be transitioning from a Developer role (something I've done all my life) to a Program Manager role. A developer spends most of the time behind a computer. As program manager I will have to interact with people... meetings, customers, execs... It's not my default personality type so there lies the challange
- * -

W.r.t running, I think I overdid my long run last Saturday. I need to run these things much slower. I need to get back to Chuckit Sats and I think that will slove the problem. I used to be so good at pacing my long run right :) All in all, not much running this week ... Decided to start afresh next week...

Tue - 5.6
I think this is becoming - "lets be a wuss week". I stopped running after 5/8 laps of today's 2 mile time trial. Why? Because I did not feel like it ??? What the $#$#? Oh well...

Learning of the day: You can buy a license for a pet. The Seattle animal shelter mailed me the form to do so. It's just that I don't have a pet. Heck, I stuggle to take care of myself, leave alone a pet :p

Wed - 8
A little slower than usual...

Sight of the day: Someone had tied a hammock between two trees by the waterfront and was enjoying some zzzs. I though that was pretty cool.

Fri - REST
Felt very antsy and in general had very little sleep

Sat - REST
Got 12 hours of sleep and tried to mentally prepared for the new job...

2 Comments:

Blogger Plodding Blogger said...

Good luck with your change in direction! With such an upheaval, it's understandable that you're feeling a little out of sorts.

I like the observations you make while out on your runs. I don't think most people (myself included) are as observant. It sounds like you look for reasons to smile when you're out and about - good philosophy.

I'm sure your running will be back on track in no time. Take it easy...

Ed

5/09/2011 1:26 AM  
Blogger Sub said...

Thanks Ed! Yeah... Change is good but it's a little unnerving at time. I'm hope everything will be back on track soon...

5/09/2011 6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics