Sunday, March 13, 2011

The driving license mark...

In the recent past, I've felt embarrassed looking at the weight listed on my driving license - memories of fitter days... Not at the moment - I'm at 137 :) It's the first time I've gotten into the 130s in about 5-6 years. I'm really digging the shape of my abs at the moment. Might as well since it's like a high maintenance girlfriend - it's there when you spend time on it and disappears when you stop :p

77 miles for the week. Just as a perspective - the number of miles I ran this week and last would get me from Seattle to Vancouver. So if someday I am running from the authorities and need to escape to Canada on foot, that should be doable :p

28 more days!

Mon - 8:
I was feeling sooo sleepy after class (which included a final exam). I finally dragged myself out of the door at 11:30pm. This was an endurance hill workout on the treadmill with inclines between 1.5-4.5%.

Tue - 12 w/10*800m
I'm thankful to have a group of folks to run these Yasso 800s with. Running them alone would be so difficult! Splits: 3:11, 3:07, 3:10, 3:07, 3:09, 3:06, 3:06, 3:06, 3:02, 2:59

Wed - 14
It was pouring outside so after staring at the rain for 5 minutes I wussed out and ran on the treadmill. Not that running 14 miles on the treadmill is too much better than running in a downpour but I did want to stay dry :p It's probably one of my longest treadmill runs ever and surely the longest in about 4 years. The upshot was that I learnt more about Charlie Sheen and his angels than I ever wanted to know :)

Thurs - 6 w/9*hills
The best part of the workout was when it was done :p I think these are the toughest workout of all. I'd rather run 22 miles than do hill repeats!

I think I'm developing a kinship with the homeless folks. Today one of them smiled at me and told me - "You must be cold" instead of asking me for change :) I was wearing shorts and there were 31mph winds but ... :)

Sight of the day: A hot lady was wearing an air boot on one leg and heels on another. Even with a broken leg she had not lost her sense of fashion. Impressive!

Fri - 6
It had gotten pretty late so I went the treadmill route. With an early morning run coming up I did not want to spend 30 minutes going to and coming back from the waterfront. The floodgates are now open but I need to realize that the treadmill = evil, bad, no good, horrible, ...

Sat - 22.5
Soaked, drenched, and ... any other words in the English language that represents a state of extreme wetness :p Once you are wet you don't really care anymore if ... it's pouring or drizzling, cars are splashing water on you, you are having to run through puddles, your shoes are soaked,...

There is a greater sense of camaraderie among runners on a day like today. A lot more waves, nods and smiles as we pass each other.

I must have looked like a walking disaster heading back to my apt. I was quite far from the entrance yet a lady held the door open for me. Nice of her...

Yet again I wonder why god gave human males nipples = chaffing.

My reward for this run was a delicious piece of cake from Whole foods :)

Sight of the day: The talking book and Braille library a couple of blocks from my apt and Whole foods.

Sun - 8
Another rainy day but a solid run. Splits: 8:58, 8:25, 8:05, 7:58, 7:43, 7:44, 7:23, 6:50. This is encouraging considering I ran 22.5 miles yesterday.

My MBA class has started a running club. They cancelled their 2.8 mile run yesterday and today because it was "raining". I found that hilarious. It's like cancelling an activity in Phoenix in summer because it's too "hot". You got to embrace mother nature!

Sight of the day: A dad and son practicing martial arts in front of Olympic sculpture park in the rain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics