Saturday, January 22, 2011

These Saturday mornings...

It's 6am and dark outside. I set my alarm to snooze and try to catch a few more winks. I try to convince myself that I really don't need to leave my warm bed. Finally, I convince myself to get out. If I get late I won't catch my bus to make it to the 7:30am Chuckit run... If I allow myself to falter once I've opened the floodgates!

Once we start running I realize how much I've missed these runs. Getting to talk to everyone as miles get covered effortlessly and seamlessly... Miles and miles...

Today was about catching up with everyone.

Telling them stories about my travels. How I was lucky to get a flight out of London. The frozen canals in Amsterdam. The wonders of Egypt. Finally, Athens. Death Valley last week and then the trip next week and my hopes of seeing the Northern lights...

About running Paris and Berlin. Then London hopefully in 2012...

Then we talked about how I had gotten so out of shape. How I got rid of 23 pounds in the last 3 months odd... I was told that they could not imagine me with 23 extra pounds. Neither can I. When I look at my pics from Aug and Sept I cringe. Could I not see where I was going??? Never again please! I joked with them about the ridicule and rejection fat people have to go through in life :) The story of getting back in shape!

16 miles in near perfect conditions. I didn't even realize how quickly the 2+ hours went by. I'm looking forward to the next long run with Chuckit!

Running shoes update:
I just ordered 4 pairs of the Mizuno Wave Nirvana 5s for $270. These retail at $140 a pair so I think I got a steal :) It's been a while since I've put in these mass shoe orders :)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics