Sunday, November 07, 2010

"Ich bin ein Berliner"

The Berlin Marathon is filling up quickly, after registration opened a couple of weeks back. I didn't want to take a chance and registered!!! Hopefully, this means I will be toeing the line in Berlin on 25th September 2011!

It will be really cool if everything goes as planned and I get to run the Paris and Berlin marathons next year. Fingers crossed :)

With midterms and classes, work and life the last few days and the next few days have been/will be incredibly busy! The one thing that I've been determined to do and so far have succeeded in doing is to not miss my run every day... whatever happens... even if it means I'm running at 12am... So 42 = 6*7 miles for this week :)

I can't describe how happy I was to wake-up today and realize why my wall clock was off by an hour! Day-light saving time was over! I remember having to spend an extra hour at the train station last year, waiting to get to the start of the NYCM. I had not realized that the clocks were going back... Today was such a beautiful day to run by the waterfront. I ran at a sub-8 pace, my fastest in a long while. OK. I'll fess up. When I started running, I saw a cute runner in the distance. She was like a beacon that I had to get to. I did catch-up with her and passed her but I maintained the tempo for the rest of my run :)

I've pledged to not take the elevator/escalator for as long as I can. The funny thing is that I find some others doing the same thing at work :) I'm also trying to get in a short walk in the afternoon. There were some beautiful Fall days last week so I really wanted to enjoy a bit of it. It's always dark by the time I get out of work.

I escaped eating candy at Halloween for the most part. It's not easy at work. There's candy strewn all over the place. Someone even left a packet of candy in my office. I threw it in the bin! Then there's usually cake and other junk left in the kitchen all the time... Can't they leave something healthy around :p

I was reading about the return of the McRibs, for the first time since 1995. I did think I might want to pick up one until I read about the 26 grams of fat in it. Then I just cringed in disgust!

I bought celery and cucumbers from the grocery store, for possibly the first time in my life. My lunch mix of tuna, celery, cucumbers and lentils turned out really well. It really did - even though someone I raved to about this, did not think such a concoction was edible. Oh well - I liked it :p

2 Comments:

Blogger Pretend this is real said...

Wow! Berlin AND Paris! That's awesome. And way to go squeezing your daily runs into your schedule. Sometimes that's the hardest thing to do.

11/07/2010 4:43 AM  
Blogger Sub said...

I've never run an international marathon before so I really hope I'll be able to pull it off...

Your post is so encouraging... Thanks!

11/07/2010 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics