Saturday, November 20, 2010

Blowin In The Wind

How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, an' how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind


Yes, I was blowin in the wind this week as Bob Dylan played in my head ... It was very windy all week, with wind gusts of 15-30mph. During my long run on Saturday there was a wind gust of 30mph and a wind chill of 28F. 11pm on Monday ... swept by the winds. There were moments when I told myself - "Dude you're hardcore to be running through this... Good job :)"...

50 miles for the week. 6*6 miles and a 14 mile long run on Saturday.

My dentists notes on me has a bullet - "Marathon runner". So whenever I visit she makes it a point to get a report on the state of my running. She informed me that she ran her first 5k this summer. She was curious as to how I manage to run in this kind of weather. I told her ironically when the weather is good there are too many other distractions but in winter I get to focus and run ... Any special clothes? ... Hmmm not really. Shorts and an extra layer on top. Gloves and something on my head at times but that's about it.

140s!: 9 more to go :) Two pairs of jeans that did not fit me all year now not only fit but are loose. I'm floating in the one that used to fit and both of my belts are rendered useless...

Observation of the week: I was walking back from my run... I could not help but stop and observe the sight in front of me. Two men, very much in love, were kissing each other passionately. As passionately as I've seen any couple kiss. Downtown Seattle is next to Capitol hill, the "liberal" part of town... It reminded me of the friends episode - "The one with the lesbian wedding" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583624/ ... "Now I've seen everything!" I remember being similarly transfixed in Zurich a few years back when I saw a couple of lesbians kissing in the train.

The Seattle Theater Group: The folks at the Paramount Theater noticed that I had attended so many of their events over the last year, that they called me as part of their annual fundraising drive. One of the programs they fund is "The Dance for Parkinson's" https://www.stgpresents.org/education/parkinsons.asp. Needless to say they had a donation from me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pretend this is real said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. Not easy. And I would have warned my dentist that it's harder walking through their door than running in the cold! (Well... most of the time.)

11/20/2010 8:31 PM  
Blogger Sub said...

Got to agree you on that! It's so much easier to be running in the cold than walking...

11/20/2010 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics