Sunday, September 28, 2008

Doubling up...

Thus far I have never felt the need to run doubles. My mileage for the most part has not been high enough to justify them and I'm too lazy to run twice a day. However, this week I decided that I needed to ease up the load on my legs a bit so I split my Mon and Wed runs. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes both mentally and physically. Monday went from being a longer day to two easy runs! Also, getting in morning runs in the weekdays will start getting me ready for the post-daylight saving time period when I will have to start running in the mornings to run in light.

I was encouraged by LT run on Thursday. For the first time I was able to hit the LT pace for my goal marathon time. The Tuesday 800s also felt much easier.

Mon: AM -5, PM - 5
Tue: 10.4 w/10*800m
Wed: AM -5, PM - 10
Thu: 10 w/6 LT
Fri: 5
Sat: 20
Sun: 8

Total: 78.4 miles

1 Comments:

Blogger Runtime said...

78 miles! Good lord. I can't imagine trying that. I don't think I have ever hit 50! Good job.

9/29/2008 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics