Monday, January 07, 2008

First shoe change of the year

My first shoe change of the year is always nice because I get to try out a new shoe model. I end up being a year behind because I stock up on my year's supplies of shoes when stores are getting rid of the old models on sale to make space for the new ones. So now I am on the 2120s...

Mon - 7 w/5 @ LT, Treadmill: I cut down the pace to make sure I get in 5 miles at tempoish pace. The heat in the gym got to me a bit...

Tue - 13 Medium-Long, 35F(26F), Rain: Unlike last week I got up early and headed out in the dark. I saw a pair of interesting cranes/stocks - I've never seen this species of bird here before ...

Thur - 7.14 Easy, Treadmill: Good deed of the day - I got someone who's never ever gone to a gym to do so. It was a good thing that this was an easy run so I could talk to him when necessary while running. An ex-roommate had done the same favor for me a few years back - before that the though of entering a gym was intimidating to me ...

Fri - 5 w/6*1 min striders, Treadmill: Musing - Why do Google employees at the Pro-club feel the need to wear a cotton Google T to the gym?

Sat - 13.11 Race

Sun - 7 Recovery, 49F, Sun: It was sunny, bright, dry and warm - very rare for a winter day in these parts. I found myself squinting in the brightness when I came out - kind of like a hostage coming out of a dark dungeon after weeks. The trail was packed - I think pretty much everyone was outside. It felt like I was in the midst of a Seahawks tailgate party (OK, I guess it's too late for that now) :) An old lady, who was perhaps doing 80 min miles was shocked when I ran by her - she exclaimed "Jesus. Say something." I think if I said something before I ran by she would have been even more shocked :) I was pretty sore after yesterday. However, it felt nice to run on the soft grass, abet at a very slow pace. I think I felt better after the run than I did before it.

Total = 52.4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics