Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Closing out the year

Here's to a good end to the year and a successful new year...

Mon: 6 w/4 @ LT (7:13s), Treadmill: The gym was pretty full since it was closing early. I'm hoping to get my LT workout up to 7 miles and at a faster clip over the next few weeks...

Tue: 6 Recovery, 35F(32F), Cloudy: A very peaceful and relaxed run. I tried not to look at my watch. My HR was just right - 147. Later in the day it snowed (given how rarely it snows here, a white Christmas is truly magical!).
Wed: 6.5 ?, 33F, Cloudy: This run was quite an embarrassment. I realized how out of shape I am and aborted the coach's workout and just ran loops around the track in Kirkland.

Thur: 12 Medium-Long, 34F(27F), Freezing Rain: I woke up to read about Benazir Bhutto's assassination. I had the same feeling of loss when I had read about Indira and Rajiv Gandhi. I had heard about Indira on the radio, Rajiv by reading a paper newspaper, Benazir by reading an online newspaper. Different times but the same needless loss of good leaders.

I was a bit miffed about yesterday's track fiasco so I picked up the pace during today's run. I ended up averaging in the 8:10s. I found it funny that someone found the need to wear a balaclava for his walk today. I guess he would have found it insane that someone was running in shorts and no hat...

Sat: 20 Long, 37F(33F)-41F(37F), Cloudy: It was a beautiful day for a run especially compared to last week. The route for the long run was very beautiful, passing through the Arboretum, by the Japanese gardens, the Zoo and of course the portions besides Lake Washington. It was worth getting up so early and driving down from Redmond for. It's also nice to have company during the run - it prevents me from slacking. There's so many more runners in Seattle compared to the Eastside... It makes for a nice atmosphere. Kind of like it used to be in Boston.

Sun: 6.5 Recovery, 38F(31F), Cloudy:
Sight of the run: A flock of about fifty Canadian Geese playing in the water.
Event of the run: A small cute black dog jumping on me, grabbing my glove and playing with it. Her owner's excuse: "She's just 11 weeks old. I'm trying to get her to follow her brother". She had a point though. The dog's brother did watch the fun but did not partake in it :)

Total: 57

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

You've had a great 2007 and I wish you all the best in 2008.

It's been a while since I've been in Redmond and I miss the long runs in the snow along the river. I hope to get back there soon. You certainly have a magical area to run in.

12/30/2007 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics