Thursday, December 20, 2007

Active.com fiasco

For months I had seen the ominous warning on the coolrunning.com running log login page about the impending shift to the activetrainer log. After the coolrunning buyout everyone had suspected that the things might not be the same with the greedy active.com. However, I don't think anyone could have imagined how badly they would screw up the running log migration. It was the equivalent of telling Windows Vista users that they would now need to use MS DOS and that some of their data would be lost. They missed the key rule - "Don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg".

This is the second time I'm having an issue with online logs going out of service. The problem with free online stuff is that no-one can guarantee for how long the service will be provided. The creator is gung-ho at the beginning but after a few years they have other priorities in life.

I'm sticking with saving my log on my own hardware :) I modified the log template provided by David Hay to do everything I wanted. I've migrated my running and XT data and I'm good to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics