Sunday, October 28, 2007

Gradually getting back...

This was a good week. I ran 26 miles but got in a lot of walking and cardio to compensate. It sure beats having to limp while walking :) Going forward I'll be trying to follow these 2 schedules from Higdon and Chuckit, in principle, for my Jan half. This should keep me running 5-6 days a week while recovering mentally and physically.

Mon: Running: 6 steps - not there yet
XT: 1 hour

Tue: Running: 6:30min (0.7 miles) - didn't want to risk it any further
XT: 1 hour

Wed: Running: 42:09 (5.03)
XT: 20 min

Thur: Running: 5 steps - needed more rest
XT: 1 hour

Fri: Running: 41:11 (5.01)
XT: 30 min

Sat:
The pro-club was having something they called a cardio jam for 3 hours so that the Seattle marathoners "did not have all the fun". I am not running the Seattle marathon so I headed down there. Usually, I stay away from gym classes because it's so female dominated :) The ratio was something like 40:6 this time. I survived. It was quite a decent workout, working muscles that I normally don't work.
Running: 41:40 (5) - I was pretty happy/impressed with myself that I managed to finish my run after the 3 hr workout...

Sun:
I woke up sore pretty much everywhere from yesterday's workout. I was going to take the day off but it was such a beautiful day that I had to head out. A great fall day - 60F, partly sunny. It's an awesome running on the trail covered by dry leaves. My intended workout was 1:30 with a pickup for the last third or so. I was not going to push it if I did not feel like it but I felt pretty good. My last splits were - 7:49, 7:38, 7:42, with 11 in 1:32 all in all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics