Saturday, September 22, 2007

Cramming for the marathon...

This week reminds me of school, when I'd realize at the last moment that I was not prepared for an upcoming exam. I would cram the stuff that I though was important. Keeping with that spirit, this week I crammed in a 22 miler, a MLR and a tempo run. I think this marathon will end up like those exams - I got through them OK but I knew I was capable of doing much better :)

Mon - 6: This run was significant because I went back to my nemesis, the hills which got me injured. I got through the run intact!
Tue- 10.2: Also, included my nemesis. I started hurting (my glutes) after about 5.5 miles so the rest was a little uncomfortable.
Wed- 7: Back to the TM for a tempo run. The even surface of the TM coupled with a visit to the PT in the morning must have contributed to this run being pain free.
Thur- 8: Solid run outside without any issues.
Fri - Travel day to visit my sister in NY state - Westchester county.
Sat - 22.2: I got up for the run at 6:30am EST, which is 3:30am Seattle time! I stuck with my typical route starting in Valhalla. However, this time I parked in the Kensico dam and split my run into 6, 6, 5, 5 out and backs on the Bronx river parkway trail. This way I could bail out if I needed to and also could hydrate properly. I will don't think I will every be able to wear a water belt. The conditions were difficult for me - upper 60s & 90%+ humidity. I guess we are too spoilt in the NW. The great thing was that my injury did not act up for the entire run! The run did include some climbs to test my legs.

Total = 52.5 miles

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Great week of running! You know you're hard core when your out the door at 3:30AM

9/22/2007 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics