Monday, September 24, 2007

Countdown to the marathon

Mon- 7.5 miles: Today was an amazing fall day - crisp, cool & sunny. I love running in the fall, with the leaves turning color and falling. My run ended up being a stress test for my injury. I got in some decent hills with a couple of MS guys. I pushed the pace to the 7s and 6s for a bit of the downhills to see how my leg felt - it held up OK. I wish I could have gotten in more of these workouts - I could have been well prepared for this marathon - sigh ...

Tue - 6.5 miles:
A run on the trail, with the hill leading to it, in the beginning and the end. I started running around 7pm yet it was dark half way into the run. After daylight saving time ends in November I'll have to stop being lazy and start running in the morning!


Wed- One of those days. I rightly decided that I needed rest and skipped my run and gym time. I fell asleep on my couch as soon as I came home. I woke up at 5:15am and moved to my bed.

Thur- 8.1 miles: Did I mention how much I love running in Fall yet :)

Fri - 6 - Tempo-ish run on the TM. I snuck out of work for my PT appointment at 1pm. Given that I was already at the gym, it made sense to get in my run and gym stuff out of the way. It was a lovely day outside but I figured I'd give my legs a break on the flattish soft TM surface.

Sat - 12: My last run of any consequence before the 'thon. I plan to just run three five milers next week. I got in half the miles on the Bridle trails and the rest on the usual Lake Sammamish trail. It was raining so I ended up drenched and with bloody nipples. Usually I don't need body glide for such distances but when your clothes are drenched ... Luckily blood gets off clothes easily. Along the way there was a lady who told me "to look out for the Salmon while I am running. They are returning from Puget sound and are jumping in the water." I looked out for them but I didn't see any :)

Total = 40.2

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

It is a beautiful time of the year in Seattle. You're training is coming along great.

9/29/2007 6:30 PM  
Blogger Pure Virtual Function said...

Good luck at St. George Sub. Hope everything holds together for you.

9/30/2007 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics