Thursday, August 09, 2007

A new running group?

One of the things I miss about Boston is the running club I was part of there. Boston was a running city much like cycling is the thing here. It's very hard to not start running if you live in Boston.

I've been at Redmond for 15 months now. I have not found a running group focused towards marathon training. I'm not willing to go out of my way to run. That's just not sustainable for me.

When I joined Microsoft I had expected to find a large organized group of runners at work. To my surprise there was nothing of the sort. There was a running DL but it was pretty dormant. Every time a new runner joined the DL they'd send an email to it introducing themselves. They'd then realize how inactive the DL was and keep to themselves. Lately, there've been quite a few of these newbie emails. So we used that momentum to try and start a running group. We ran together today for our first run. It was kind of fun. Lets see if this group lasts...

The great weather continues...

1 Comments:

Blogger Pure Virtual Function said...

You work for Microsoft? Are you a software developer? Want to move to Portland... we have some openenings... (McAfee Avert Labs) and there are a few running groups here. =)

8/12/2007 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics