Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial day weekend - Running, Ice-cream, Sleep

Missing 8 days of running with a twisted ankle ended up being a blessing in disguise. It gave all my injuries more time to heal completely. I tried running on Tuesday and Thursday but my ankle was just not ready.

On Friday, after procrastinating for over 5 years, I got a couple of my wisdom teeth removed. I can't remember experiencing anything like it ever ... After the IV for the general anesthesia I have no recollection of what happened for the next few hours. I've never been really drunk so I've always been in total control of my senses. I spent the rest of the day sleeping and wearing off the effect of the drugs. I scrapped any plans of going to the San Juan islands for the weekend.

I attempted a run on Saturday - it was my most comfortable run in weeks! I ran only 5 miles but that was a start. On Sunday I got more ambitious and ran my longest run since the marathon - 16 miles! While I got caught in a downpour for a bit, for the most part the conditions were perfect for running - 52F and cloudy. Not surprisingly today I was sore today. However, I still managed to get in 10 more miles. The afternoon heat did make things more uncomfortable...

My Pfitz 18/70 schedule starts next week. I hope I've gotten through the worst of my injury issues for a bit... I'm shooting for 60 miles this week.

Apart from running this long weekend, I've been eating a lot of ice cream (more than I can remember having for a long time) and sleeping :) You don't get wisdom teeth removed everyday so I've got to enjoy my guilt free ice-cream!

1 Comments:

Blogger Banking Miles said...

Sorry to hear about the ankle but seems as if you are getting over it. Wisdom teeth pulled - ouch! Good luck on the Pfitz plan.

5/29/2007 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics