Monday, April 23, 2007

Marathon week

(5,5,3,X,X,2)=15; Week 24/24 (in 23)

I've made it through the 24 week program! Irrespective of how the marathon turns out I'm happy that I had the discipline to stick with it to the T. There have been days when I did not want to wake up in the cold or run in the rain & wind ...

I will be deviating from the last week of the Pfitz 24/55. I'll be sticking to what I've done for all my previous marathons. It too late to shut the barn door when the horse has bolted. I can't see any sense in putting in a bunch of miles in the last week ...

Mon - Cloudy, 54F, GA 5: My right leg is still iffy. I hope it gets better in the next 5 days else the marathon might end up being tedious, perhaps even a DNF. On the positive side, my left leg seems to have almost completely recovered and everything else is OK (touch wood + fingers crossed).

Tue - Cloudy, 50F, 5 w/3 @ MP

Wed - Cloudy, 51F, GA 3: Almost there :)

Sat - Sunny, 51F, 2 @ MP: I could feel my right leg but it's the best it's been in a while so hopefully I get through it. I didn't feel as stiff as I normally do after a 2 day break but that's probably because I've been stretching like a maniac. I went to sleep at 3:30am partly due to my drier refusing to work! I've not got to hurry to Eugene!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics