Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ibuprofen, Bengay, a broken promise, rest, ice, pt and whatever it takes...

(X,7+XT,8,X,4,8,16)=43; Week 22/24 (in 23)

Eight months back I promised myself that I would stay away from anti-inflammatories or other types of painkillers. If I could not run without them I would not run. I stuck to that promise till this week. My quads are still sore - I can't remember such a long stretch of sore quads ever. While I can get through my training runs with this, I doubt I'd get through a marathon without this being a factor. So I've got to do whatever I can to recover - ibuprofen, bengay massages & icing. I'm also keeping up the pt visits. Taper should also help...

Tue - Cloudy, 45F(41F), GA 7 w/8*100m striders: It's been a few days since I've run in the morning. When I woke up I tried to convince myself that I would run in the evening but then I saw the sun! That must have been an optical illusion or I must have been dreaming since once I got out for my run all I saw was the typical Northwestern clouds. There's something about a morning run - it just feels refreshing...
PM- 60 min XT

Wed - Cloudy, 58F, GA 8: It was in the 30Fs when I woke up in the morning so I went back to sleep. I started my run at around 7:15pm but got in most of it before it got dark. It's nice to see a lot more runners on the trail...

Fri - Treadmill, Recovery 4 w/6*100m striders: I really didn't feel like getting wet today at recovery pace so I hit the TM.

Sat - Cloudy w/Sunny breaks, 53F, 8 w/4 LT: Nice run. When I was in the midst of my LT run, I saw a sweet kid on a stroller smiling at me. She reminded me of my neice when she was 2.

Sun - Cloudy, Sunny, 53F, Medium-Long 16: A beautiful spring day! The flowers were blooming. After the first few miles my run felt very comfortable and my running form was good. I could feel my right quad from the beginning of my run and the left to an extent. I think though that I will be fine for the marathon because of the flattish course. If I had to deal with downhills I would have been screwed. First half: 8:21, Second half: 7:52.

1 Comments:

Blogger Banking Miles said...

Sorry to hear about your continued quad problems. Sounds like you need a taper - good thing that it is coming up soon. Get plenty of RICE in the next few weeks.

4/10/2007 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics