Monday, March 19, 2007

The hills of Mercer beacons

(8,10,11,X,XT,6,13.11)=48.2; Week 19/24 (in 23)

I will be front loading my miles this week so that I can get in a mini-taper for the Mercer Island half. It will be interesting to see how I hold up on the hilly course. My runs are on flat terrain except for a 250 ft hill over 0.5 miles at the end. This hill should see me through the two more gradual 100ft hills at the Eugene marathon.

Mon - Treadmill, VO2Max 8 w/5*600m @ 5k, 90s jog in between: I think I'm beginning to stop dreading these VO2Max workouts and might even be enjoying them! I don't know what the gym had going on with their heating but this run was almost a simulation of a hot summer run!

I mailed in my Eugene marathon entry form today. I can almost feel an injury coming up, now that I'm committed to the race :( I put down 3:14 for my predicted time. There's no harm being optimistic...

Tue - 41F(37F), Cloudy, Rain, GA 10: 11 hours after yesterday's run. It was pretty overcast when I woke up. I guess I would not mind not having to run in rain :)

Wed - 33F(29F), Sunny, GA 11 - A chilly but sunny (importantly a break from the rain!) day to kick off Spring. Considering that this was a GA run it went pretty well. The entire second half was at sub-8 pace without much effort. A couple of miles even went sub-7:30.

Fri - 60 min XT

Sat - 52F, Cloudy, Rain, GA 6 w/6*100m striders: It's amazing how dead my legs feel after a couple of days of not running. After a couple of miles things get back to normal. It's yet another reminder for me to make sure I get in a pre-race run. I had not run for 3 days before the Steamtown marathon and it was not fun for the first 3 miles...

Sun - 45F(42F), Cloudy, Mercer Island Half Marathon

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi zzsbzz!
I'm glad I found you in the far outer branches of the net! I was wondering if you could email me your address...I want to send a quick thank you note for the Kidney Foundation contribution you made.

You can email me at cwm4v(AT)virginia.edu

Thanks,
Chris (SkidmoreRunner)

3/20/2007 8:52 PM  
Blogger Banking Miles said...

I am a bit worried about the hills of Mercer. They are calling but I may not what they are saying. I am trying to do a taper as well but not sure if I am doing it right. Altering the Pfitz plan is messy. Good luck with your runs for the rest of the week.

3/21/2007 8:57 PM  
Blogger Sub said...

I don't have much running left for the week apart from the half. There's just 48 miles on schedule and I've gotten through 29 :)

You'll deal with the hills fine! Yeah, the 70mpw plan with 6 days of running does not give you much flexibility to move things around...

3/21/2007 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics