Monday, January 22, 2007

Solid week after RNR AZ

(XT, 10, 5, 10+XT, XT, 18, 5+XT) = 48, Week 9/24

Deficit (13, 5R, 8VO2max, 11, 7 w/8*100striders, 13) = 57 Miles

Mon - I had planned to get in a 5 mile recovery run but I bailed out. I had returned pretty late from the airport and just did not feel like going out in the 20F temps. I guess I did not feel guilty since it was a rest day on schedule.
PM- XT 60 min

Tue PM - 10 GA - On the dreadmill! I didn't get to run in the morning. I went to sleep pretty late. Also, there was more fresh snow overnight so the path would have been pretty icy. It was a nice run but I need to stay off the TM!

Wed - 5 Recovery - Trail was snowy/icy/slushy. Hopefully it clears up before tomorrow's tempo run. It's still better than the TM!

Thur - 10 w/5 @ LT - Windy, Cloudy, Light Freezing Rain - Some of the snow/ice has melted off the trails but there were still some parts where the footing was pretty bad. Snow is just tedious to run on but ice is treacherous. The good thing about running the half 'thon is that I seem to have locked onto tempo effort. For the portions where I was running completely on snow/ice I focused on tempo effort rather than tempo pace.

I though about spring and how good it would feel to wake up to bright sunshine & run in the 50Fs... Reminded me of the "Sound of Music" classic ...

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad"

PM: 60 min XT - To compensate for my chocolate milk vice & pizza for lunch

Fri PM: 70 min XT

Sat - 18 - SUNNY 41F, NO RAIN, NO SNOW - A saw a couple of runners smiling as they were running. I knew exactly why they were smiling - I was smiling myself... It felt so good to have the sun shining into my face after all we've been through in the last few weeks. My eyes seemed to have become unaccustomed to such brightness!

Sun - 5 Recovery - 44F, cloudy: Typical WA day. Felt pretty good but I was careful to keep it at recovery pace since I have to get in a make-up 13 miler tomorrow.
- 60 min XT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics