Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hospitable week

(13, 8, 5, 8, XT, 14, 5) = 52; Week 10/24 (in 23)

Deficit (5R, 8VO2max, 11, 7 w/8*100striders, 13) = 44 Miles

Running conditions this week were very amenable for running - no rain and no snow. I haven't seen such a strech of sunny days in Redmond for a while.

Mon - 44F, cloudy (surprise, surprise!) - 13 Medium-Long : Make-up run for the long run I missed at NY when my flight got cancelled due to the wind storm.

Tue - 47F, cloudy - 8 GA w/ 10*100m striders: Twisted my left ankle after just running half a mile. I continued on with my run. It was hurting quite a bit at the beginning but the pain eased off as I continued running. I hope this does not start hurting after it cools down. Luckily I just have a 5 mile recovery run for tomorrow.

Watched AI & the Nuggets at Key Arena. It was a close game - tied at 99 before the Sonics fell apart.

Wed - 38F, Sun, Fog, Frost on ground - 5 recovery - Beautiful combination of weather conditions. Our local weather forcaster asks us to take out the sunscreen & weather.com forcasts a string of sunny days!!! My ankle was pretty iffy when I began the run but became better as it warmed up. From previous experience, twisted ankles recover faster when I'm active than when I wait for it to heal. I wonder if my ankle joints are a bit succeptable to twists. I've had a bunch of them now...

Thur - Windchill 28F, Sun - Missed my gloves. I don't think I needed any sunscreen inspite of the bright sunshine :) Got hounded by 3 black dogs. My ankle was much better. Skipping my XT w/o last night was a smart move.

Fri - PM - 60 min XT

Sat - 47F, Sun - 14 Medium-Long - Today was yet another beautiful day. It was a little chilly in the morning so I waited till it was 1pm before I headed out. I was able to head out in just my T - no need for a second layer.

Sun - 39F, Sunny! - 5 Recovery. Got to watch the Sonics-Clippers game. It ended up being a total mismatch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Great running weather indeed. I won't get back up to Redmond until mid-Feb; hope the weather holds.

Take care of that ankle.

1/30/2007 8:12 PM  
Blogger Subhasish Bhattacharya said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed :) This is too good to last for too long. The rains will be back soon.

My ankle felt pretty good today ...

I hope your marathon recovery is going well.

1/31/2007 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics