Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Arizona!

To taper for the RNR half I switched week 8 and week 5 of the 24/55. As a result this week is a recovery week for me with just 4 runs!

(X, 9+XT, 7+XT, X, X, 3, 13.1 -race!) = 32, week 8/24

Tue (Sunny, 48F!) - 9 w/10*100m striders - It was very difficult to get out of bed today since I had gone to sleep late (old habits die hard). I ended up with just about 6 hours of sleep which is towards the lower limit of my acceptable sleep range. Once I got out of the door it felt great. A rest day surely helps. Along with the striders this was a reasonably high quality run @ faster than GA pace.
PM - 60 min XT

Wed (Windy - windchill 25F)- It snowed last night but there was not much accumulation. Another high quality run. While returning I was running into a steady wind so I was glad I had my gloves on. Running with shorts posed no problem. It looks like I'll be able to get through winter here in shorts. I'm lucky I don't have to run here again for the rest of the week. There's a brutal cold front moving in.
PM - 60 min XT
Sat- 3 miles tempo: A brief warm-up followed by a couple of miles near half-marathon pace to loosen my muscles after a couple of rest days. It was chilly for AZ (45F). I headed out with my cousin on a path along the highway in Laveen. The last two pics provide a neat contrast between winter in WA & AZ.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Thanks for the snow pictures. I got out of Redmond at 2 PM on Wednesday and headed back to Arizona ... so I missed the mess that night. Best of luck at the R&R marathon. I hope the weather holds up here for you.

1/11/2007 11:33 PM  
Blogger Subhasish Bhattacharya said...

Thanks Phil!

I'm glad to have gotten out of Redmond. However, it looks like I've taken the cold front with me to AZ. The weather should be perfect for the half. I'm looking forward to it!

It's a good thing you got out of Redmond when you did. It was a mess in the evening. Folks in the Seattle area just aren't prepared for snow.

Good luck at Carlsbad & have fun tapering...

1/12/2007 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics