Tuesday, December 26, 2006

NY holiday runs

(X,9,5,9,5,15,5=48.5)
(5,9)

After missing a couple of scheduled runs due to my tedious journey from Seattle I got back on track for the rest of my holidays. I even made up 2 missed recovery 5 milers. I know it's not recommended to worry about making up missed runs but I think the 55/24 gives me enough leeway to do so. After all I did do the 70/18 last year... I was lucky that the weather in NY was excellent. For my long run on Saturday it actually reached 55F!

In contrast to my runs on the Sammamish trail, there were very few other runners on the Bronx river parkway trail. I guess this was because my weekday runs were in the morning (when others had to work) and my long run was on Christmas eve. It did not feel too secluded as the trail passes the MNA train stations (Valhalla, North White Plains, White Plains, Hartsdale...) and also runs parallel to the highway.

My 15 mile long run took me to Scarsdale. From Hartsdale I had to run on the roads because there is a gap in the Bronx river parkway trail after Hartsdale. I passed some interesting houses and a Jewish temple.

On Thursday, when I was visiting NYC, I walked through Central park as the sun set. The view of the Manhattan skyline was awesome. There were several runners getting in their runs. This was the first time I had gone back to Central park since running the Knickerbocker 60k last November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics