Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hot Chocolate 10 miler - the race that I never got to run

I had planned my Christmas trip to NY so that I would make it in time to run the Hot Chocolate 15k (they later changed the distance to 10 miles) in Central park on Saturday (12/16). On Thursday night Western Washington experienced the strongest winds in a decade (40-70 mph). This knocked down power for most of the region including the airport. I had a direct flight to JFK. After making me wait for 7 hours in the airport my flight got cancelled! I had to take a flight to Salt Lake City, UT in the night. I spent the night in the airport (where they were promoting the tourism in UT - the St George marathon sure looks like a promising proposition).

I finally reached NYC at 5pm on Sat. I missed my long run and the 4 mile recovery run for week 4/24 of the 24/55. I also missed 2 recovery 5 milers on week 1. I'll make them up if I get a chance. I'm swapping the recovery week 5 with 6 so that I get a chance to get in more miles during my holidays. The weather's going to be sunny and in the 40s.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bapp said...

Thanks for all the nice write ups of your races. Great job on all the completed marathons. You have come a long way from a few years ago when you were in the "worst shape of your life."

12/19/2006 10:33 PM  
Blogger Subhasish Bhattacharya said...

Thanks Bapp.

I guess at first finishing a marathon was a challenge. Now marathons/races seem to be an excuse to allow me to train/run in an organized manner.

I write my race reports as soon as I can to capture what I can remember of the race (it all seems to fade away so fast). At times I like re-reading them (for motivation etc.).

12/20/2006 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am happy that you are here. Next year we can cheer at the run.

12/22/2006 6:13 PM  
Blogger Subhasish Bhattacharya said...

Thanks didi :)

12/22/2006 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Stats Hit Counter Web Analytics